Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Football Finals

Today was the Grand Finals of Aussie rules football!
My friend Kat and I got up this morning and went to Federation Square because they have a big screen and we could watch it for free.
OMG I am a huge fan now. I had the best day so far.
It was warm, the sun came out, and the place was packed.

The two teams are calling Magpies and the Saints.
Most people seemed like they were Magpies fans. In the beginning the magpies took a lead and were doing really well but in the second half the Saints fought back.

I decided I wanted the Saints to win because they seemed like an underdog.

It was so exciting the last 10 minutes of the game. It was hard to see the score from where I was sitting but I know when the last 10 minutes started the score was 51-50 and when the game ended it was 68-68.

Everyone was SO shocked! apparently a grand finals game hasnt been tied since 1977.
They don't go into overtime here in australia... because no one won there is going to be a rematch next saturday.
I am soooo excited to watch it all over again.

I had plans with a friend to go to the yarra valley wineries next saturday but he texted me as soon as the game was done saying we will go another day haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment